My next card I made for my Card Cupids Design Team Challenge was this cute Cupcake Card. I made so many cards so that I could choose my favourite to submit to the 1st July Challenge!! These Cupcake Digi Stamps from The Stamping Boutique are just so edible!!
Recipe & Method
- Mat and layer Pink Card stock to the Scalloped 8″ x 8″ white card. Layer the blue strip paper on top.
- Colour an cut 3 cupcakes in matching colours and a add a bit of glitter.
- Cut 2 circles, one from Brown Paper and one from the Sweet Paper. Layer the Sweet paper onto a scalloped circle.
- Attach the Brown circle to the card in the top, right corner, stick a Doily in the lower, right corner, and layer the Sweet circle just over the corner of the doily.
- Stamp and layer the sentiment and attach to the top of the doily.
- Add the 3 cupcakes, making the centre one overlap the bottom two.
- Attach ribbon, flowers and buttons to embellish.
- Bazill Basic card Stock – Pink
- DCWV – Sweet Treats Paper Stack
- Square Doily
- Promarkers: Vanilla, Rose Pink, Powder Blue, Burnt Sienna, Caramel, Leaf Green.
These stamps are so yummy looking once that are coloured it almost makes me hungry!!
I am so thrilled to be on the Card Cupids Design Team. This is a very exciting post for me as it is the first challenge. We have been sponsored by The Stamping Boutique to create a card using Ribbon, Twine or Washi Tape. I must admit I love ribbon and have enough to last me a life time, so I opted to make my card using ribbon and it also complimented the image I chose beautifully to give it that feminine feeling I was after. I did also use a small amount of Twine through my button holes. The image I have used can be found here.
Here is my card for 1st July Challenge:
And a close up to show how cute this image really is!!
Recipe & Method
- Cut and score Kraft card into an 8″ x 8″ card.
- Mat and layer pink card stock onto it.
- Add the Red Spotty paper onto the Pink card stock.
- Mat and layer a square and a rectangle of patterned paper onto Kraft card.
- Attach the rectangle to the bottom of the card and the square slightly overlapping at the top.
- Mat and layer the Stamped Image onto Pink card stock and attach to a scalloped Rectangle cut from Kraft card.
- Stick ribbon around the bottom rectangle and create loops to come out from behind the image.
- Stick the image to the card and attach the two buttons with Twine threaded through them on either side.
- Stamp the circular sentiment and layer it onto a scalloped circle. Attach to card in top, right corner.
- Embellish acrd with matching flowers.
- Kraft Card
- K& Co Lovely Paper Stack
- Bazill Basics Cardstock – Pink
- Promarkers: Almond, Dusky Pink, Ruby, Cardinal Red, Rose Pink.
This is such a fun image to colour and decorate, she really comes to life when you add the colour.