Over at Xyron this month we are celebrating all things summer and it seems to be working as the weather here in Devon is amazing at the moment! I have altered a birdhouse and turned it into this…
Last week whilst browsing the shelves of TK Maxx I came across this birdhouse in the sale! It was looking like it had been in the wars a little but instantly I knew I wanted to take it back to it’s pretty self!
With the help for my fabulous Xyron goodies and some gorgeous new papers and embellishments from Trimcrafts new range Forget Me Not it took no time at all to restore it beyond its original beauty!
This is how it looked when I got it home!
So, here is how I made it pretty!
1. Along the bottom ledge of the birdhouse add some trimmed paper straws.
2. Punch paper flowers and adhere together using the Clear Hold Adhesive from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit.
3. Punch some leaves and adhere the flowers and leaves to the straws on the bird house.
4. Stamp the sentiment and trim into a pennant shape.
5. Using Xyron Adhesive Dots adhere the sentiment from the straws so that it stands off the bird house to add dimension. Add some raffia around the whole bird house and tie in a bow.
6. Tie string from one post on the birdhouse to the other, Trim pennants from patterned paper and adhere to the string by running each one through the Teresa Collins Sticker Maker.
7. Add all the pennants to the string and place punched hearts in between each flag. Add some adhesive stones.
8. Take one of the birds from the Forget Me Not Mini Chalkboards and ink it in a coordinating colour. Add a wing trimmed from patterned paper.
9. Using foam squares from the Teresa collins Adhesive Kit adhere the bird to the house.
10. Take one of the Forget Me Not sentiment sticks and ink with Pink ink.
11. Stamp the sentiment and trim into a square.
12. Matt and layer the sentiment onto Grey cardstock and adhere to the stick. Add a twine bow and adhesive stone to the top.
13. Punch some butterflies from patterned paper and adhere to the top of the birdhouse. Add adhesive stones to embellish.
And here are some close up’s of the finishes piece…
I think the pastel shades of the Forget Me Not range bring out the beautiful bright Turquoise of the birdhouse.
The bunting flags add to the summer look. I would love to try to alter one of these as a winter theme too, with the same techniques to would still look totally different!
As always if you have any questions about this project please send me a message and I will get back to you with any answers!
Until next time…