I am so thrilled to be on the Card Cupids Design Team. This is a very exciting post for me as it is the first challenge. We have been sponsored by The Stamping Boutique to create a card using Ribbon, Twine or Washi Tape. I must admit I love ribbon and have enough to last me a life time, so I opted to make my card using ribbon and it also complimented the image I chose beautifully to give it that feminine feeling I was after. I did also use a small amount of Twine through my button holes. The image I have used can be found here.
Here is my card for 1st July Challenge:
And a close up to show how cute this image really is!!
- Cut and score Kraft card into an 8″ x 8″ card.
- Mat and layer pink card stock onto it.
- Add the Red Spotty paper onto the Pink card stock.
- Mat and layer a square and a rectangle of patterned paper onto Kraft card.
- Attach the rectangle to the bottom of the card and the square slightly overlapping at the top.
- Mat and layer the Stamped Image onto Pink card stock and attach to a scalloped Rectangle cut from Kraft card.
- Stick ribbon around the bottom rectangle and create loops to come out from behind the image.
- Stick the image to the card and attach the two buttons with Twine threaded through them on either side.
- Stamp the circular sentiment and layer it onto a scalloped circle. Attach to card in top, right corner.
- Embellish acrd with matching flowers.
- Kraft Card
- K& Co Lovely Paper Stack
- Bazill Basics Cardstock – Pink
- Promarkers: Almond, Dusky Pink, Ruby, Cardinal Red, Rose Pink.